Paul Slade Smith
• Paul's new play, The Outsider, will have its East Coast premiere at Paper Mill Playhouse, as part of the theatre's very exciting 2017-2018 season. The production will run January 24 - February 18, 2018. To learn more about the award-winning play, visit TheOutsiderPlay.com. You can also read the enthusiastic press coverage of Paper Mill's season line-up on the News page.
• April 23rd: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory opens on Broadway! For the second time in two years, Paul experienced an opening night as a member of an original Broadway cast. Charlie is running at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre on 46th Street, hopefully for a very, very long time. :-)
• 2016 brought a nearly record-breaking number of productions of Paul's international hit play, Unnecessary Farce: 39 productions - not quite breaking the record of 40 productions in 2015. Visit UnnecessaryFarce.com for reviews, photos, and news on where it's playing next.
• "Once upon a time..." In December, Paul was part of a gorgeous, star-filled production of Into the Woods at Houston's Theatre Under the Stars, under the direction of Robert Longbottom. For a great look and listen, visit the Audio/Video page.
• Farewell to Nana and Captain Hook: Finding Neverland, Paul's Broadway debut, closed last August after a year-and-a-half run. Paul was with the production from beginning to end - originating the roles of Mr. Henshaw/Nana, and, for the final three months, as Charles Frohman and Captain Hook, the roles originated by Kelsey Grammer.
• August gave Paul an additional chance to be Captain Hook - in Transport Group's one-night-only "Peter Pan in Concert". As part of this hugely successful presentation of the 1954 musical, Paul performed - with a full orchestra - three numbers originated by Cyril Ritchard, as Hook and Mr. Darling. See the Audio/Video page for highlights from the concert.