Paul Slade Smith
Actor & Playwright
• Paul is currently appearing in the Broadway revival of My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center. Currently in previews, the production will open April 19 at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre. Visit LCT.org for tickets and other info.
• You can follow Paul's daily chronicle from Lincoln Center Theater - and beyond - on Instagram.
• Paper Mill Playhouse produced the East Coast premiere of Paul's new play, The Outsider, in a production which ran from January 24 through February 18. New York critics called the play "a hilarious comedy, perfectly fitting for the political era we're in", and "one of the funniest shows you will see this year", "committed to keeping Paper Mill's audiences laughing louder and longer than they have in a long time". You can learn more about the play at TheOutsiderPlay.com.
• After 305 performances at the Lunt Fontanne Theatre, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory closed on January 14th. Charlie was Paul's second credit as an original cast member of a Broadway show - and his second credit at the Lunt Fontanne.
• In November, Paul took part in workshop of a new stage adaptation of Disney's Bedknobs and Broomsticks at Chicago Shakespeare Theater. An exciting week on Chicago's beautiful Navy Pier with director Rachel Rockwell, music director Tom Murray and the brilliant writing team, Neil Bartram and Brian Hill.
• 2017 brought a new milestone for Paul's play, Unnecessary Farce: its 240th production! Visit UnnecessaryFarce.com for reviews, photos, and news on where it's playing next.