Paul Slade Smith
• Up next: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Broadway! In March, Paul returns to the Lunt Fontanne Theatre - home of Finding Neverland - in the original Broadway cast of this exciting new show, with a score by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman, and directed by Jack O'Brien. For more info, visit CharlieOnBroadway.com.
• Pssst! There's some very exciting (very secret) news coming soon about The Outsider, Paul's latest play. Very exciting. (Very secret.) In the meanwhile, learn all the not-secret things about the play at TheOutsiderPlay.com.
• 2016 brought a nearly record-breaking number of productions of Paul's international hit play, Unnecessary Farce: 39 productions - not quite breaking the record of 40 productions in 2015. Visit UnnecessaryFarce.com for reviews, photos, and news on where it's playing next.
• "Once upon a time..." In December, Paul was part of a gorgeous, star-filled production of Into the Woods at Houston's Theatre Under the Stars, under the direction of Robert Longbottom. For a great look and listen, visit the Audio/Video page.
• Farewell to Nana and Captain Hook: Finding Neverland, Paul's Broadway debut, closed last August after a year-and-a-half run. Paul was with the production from beginning to end - originating the roles of Mr. Henshaw/Nana, and, for the final three months, as Charles Frohman and Captain Hook, the roles originated by Kelsey Grammer.
• August gave Paul an additional chance to be Captain Hook - in Transport Group's one-night-only "Peter Pan in Concert". As part of this hugely successful presentation of the 1954 musical, Paul performed - with a full orchestra - three numbers originated by Cyril Ritchard, as Hook and Mr. Darling. See the Audio/Video page for highlights from the concert.