Paul Slade Smith
Actor & Playwright
• On February 1st, Paul began rehearsals for the Broadway revival of My Fair Lady, at Lincoln Center
• The East Coast premiere of Paul's new play, The Outsider, is running at Paper Mill Playhouse through February 18th. Critics have called the production "a hilarious comedy, perfectly fitting for the political era we're in", and "one of the funniest shows you will see this year", "committed to keeping Paper Mill's audiences laughing louder and longer than they have in a long time". Visit PaperMill.org to purchase tickets. Learn more about the play at TheOutsiderPlay.com.
• Paul was proud to appear as Grandpa George in the original Broadway cast of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which closed January 14th at the Lunt Fontanne Theatre.
• In November, Paul took part in workshop of a new stage adaptation of Disney's Bedknobs and Broomsticks at Chicago Shakespeare Theater. An exciting week on Chicago's beautiful Navy Pier with director Rachel Rockwell, music director Tom Murray and the brilliant writing team, Neil Bartram and Brian Hill.
• 2017 brought a new milestone for Paul's play, Unnecessary Farce: its 240th production! Visit UnnecessaryFarce.com for reviews, photos, and news on where it's playing next.